- Your user must be an event Host
You would like to customize your events look to match that of your companies or maybe you wish to have a specific set of features for a given event. Whatever your goal may be, Virtual Events gives you full control over how your event looks and feels.
Step-by-step guide - How to customize the left navigation bar options:
The left navigation bar is the bar all users have access to, which is used by users to "move" through your virtual event.
Follow these steps to customize the nav bar's options:
1 - Log in to Virtual Events
2 - Access the cockpit
3 - Navigate to the event you want to customize
4 - On the left navigation bar of your cockpit, select "look & feel"
5 - In the center, you will see all standard navbar functions
- For each item, you can customize the following aspects, click on the following icon to customize its corresponding entry:
- Eye-icon: you can toggle the visibility of the item
- Edit-icon: you can change the name of the entry (e.g. name the networking area "coffee break", "attendees" "participants, etc.).
- Image-icon: You can select another image for the item
- Restore-icon: You can restore all standard settings for that specific item
- Six-dots-icon: drag and drop this icon to change the order of the entries. The order of entries you see in the cockpit determines the order in the navbar of the event.
In addition to customizing the standard set of items, you may create any number of new entries by clicking on "+ New area" button at the bottom of the list. Fill in the new entry information:
By default, new areas are created with an important icon. You can change the icon and all its settings, after creating it.
Click on "Reset Navigation Bar" to restore all navigation bar settings back to default.
NOTE All changes will be applied to your event in real-time. While we always recommend taking the time to properly prepare any event ahead of time, in some cases it may be useful to change it in real-time. Let's imagine you open a new area for a limited time, after which you do not want your attendees to enter, you can change the visibility settings of the area in real-time during the event.
Step-by-step guide - How to customize theme colors and logo:
You can also customize the theme colors and the logo of the event. By default, the event will have our logo and colors.
Follow these steps to customize the top bar and nav bar's look and the logo of your event:
While still in the cockpit, in the "Feel & Look" section, on the right side, you will find the "Theme Colors" section.
To customize theme colors, click on the corresponding colored bar. You can pick a color or insert a specific Hex or RGB color code.
- Topbar color > It affects the color of the top bar.
- Primary color > It affects buttons color and non-focused icons on the navbar
- Secondary color > It affects the navbar entry where the user is in and secondary titles in the application
Click on "+ Advanced Styling Settings" to open additional options. These settings will override the standard settings. You may change all aspects of the navbar, top bar, and the info section for each area, including also the text font.
By default Sidebar icons color, Sidebar selected icons color, and Sidebar text color settings are taken from the main theme settings. Any change made in the advanced settings will overwrite the basic theme settings. On the other side, Title color, Sidebar primary background color, and Sidebar secondary background color are by default white.
- This section of the Cockpit is also where you'll find the "Change Logo" button. Click here and pick a logo from your local computer. The preview top bar will change in real-time.
By clicking on reset theme, you will bring all theme colors settings and the logo back to their default