- Be the owner/ a host of a Virtual Event
You are a host (or the owner) of a virtual event, you want to set your co-hosts and/or speakers of the event to control the main stage streaming directly within the event itself.
If you are already a host or a speaker of the event, and you would like only to know how to stream from the event, please skip this step.
1. Enable the Backstage
- Go to the cockpit of the event.
- On the left menu, click on “Main stage”.
- Enable the “Backstage access”.
- Insert the URL of the streaming tool you wish to use, e.g., Webcast.
- On the left menu, click on "Look & Feel".
- Be sure that the visibility of the backstage area is enabled.
2. Give Speakers (or Hosts) rights to users that will present and stream from the virtual event (For Event Owners)
As a host/event owner, you have to give speakers or host rights to the users that will present at the virtual event itself. All the hosts of the event will have the same rights as the owner of the event, while the speakers of the event, in addition to participant rights, can also access the backstage area.
- Make sure that co-hosts/speakers have joined the event with their account (they cannot be guests).
- On the left navigation bar, click on “Attendees”.
- Right-click on the attendee you want to set as host/speaker.
- Click on “Set as Host”/ ”Set as Speaker”.
- The attendee entry will be now marked with a speaker/host tag.
3. (For speakers) Enter the backstage
- On the left menu, click on Backstage
- Click on the “enter the backstage button”
- Click on confirm
- Now, you can control directly the event from your Webcast tool and see and interact with the other hosts and speakers that are also in the backstage with you.