What is the difference between Q & A and chat?
When Q & A interactions are enabled, event participants can only directly message the Webcast operator. If the chat option is enabled, the operator and participants can see chat messages from other participants and interact with each other.
What kind of interactivity can be enabled for an event in Webcast Manager?
- No Interactivity - If this option is selected in WebcastManager, no chatwall is shown for the Webcast and comments cannot be left.
- Q&A - If this option is selected, then comments will only be visible to the asker and the webcast operator.
- Anonymous Q&A - If this option is selected, the comments are only visible to operator and person asking the question. However, the operator does not know who asked the question.
- Moderated Chat - If this option is selected, then comments are only visible to the operator and original commenter, unless the operator chooses to make them public.
- Unmoderated Chat - If this option is selected, then the comments are a free-for-all, visible to anyone who has access to the webcast.
Can the webcast manager get a list of all messages of a specific event?
Yes, a complete list of all messages can be exported from Webcast Manager. Follow these steps to download the corresponding .csv file:
1. Log in to your Webcast Manager.
2. From "Webcasts" on the left menu (default), click on the triple-dot symbol in the event from which you want to retrieve the message list.
3. Click on "Export Messages".
Is it possible to export the messages list during an event?
Yes, exporting is possible at any time, even during a webcast event.