The video I want as a pre-live, post-live or on-demand video in Webcast Manager can't be selected
Option 1: The video does not show up at all in the drop-down menu when I select a pre- or post-live video, even selecting "all videos":
NOTE If a channel belongs to an ownership group, in which the technical user is not present, neither the channel will be shown in the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Step 1: Check the ownership group for the video in your VideoManager Pro account
- In your VideoManager Pro account, search for the video you would like to have as pre-live (or post-live) video.
- On the right menu open the "Security" Accordion.
- Check the ownership group of the video.
- Step 2: Check that the Webcast user belongs to the ownership group
- Navigate to the Administration area (if you are not admin of the account, you have to ask an administrator to do this step).
- On the left menu, select groups.
- Search the ownership group of the video and check if the Webcast user belongs to this group. N.B. If the list of users is too long, just typt ctrl + f (or command + f for Mac users) and search for "Webcast".
- If the Webcast user does not belong to the group, you cannot select the video for your Webcast Manager. You have two options: 1. You can add the Webcast user to the group (to get more info, click here) or 2. You can assign the video to one group, to which the Webcast user belongs (to get more info, click here).
Option 2: The video is found in the drop-down menu but is greyed out and cannot be selected.
You can see in the drop-down menu videos that are not released but you cannot select them.
- Go to the VideoManager Pro account that contains the desired video.
- Search for the video.
- Open the "Security" Accordion.
- If you want to select that particular video in your Webcast Manager, toggle the "Video release" switch.
- Refresh the browser page of your Webcast Manager.
- Now the video can be selected in your Webcast Manager.