If I try to delete a user from "Unternehmen"/main group in VideoManager Pro, I get the following error message:
Every VideoManager user must have at least one role in the default group "Company".
However, I do not want a user with rights to videos assigned to "Unternehmen"/main group of the company.
A user cannot be deleted from the group Unternehmen (or the main group of the company if the "Unternehmen" group has been renamed).
There's an easy workaround: ensure that the user you wanted to delete has no rights within the "Unternehmen" group.
Step 1 - Create a "no-rights" role
Since all users must be assigned to the Unternehmen/main group, if you do not want to give them rights, you'll have to create a new role with no rights.
- Go to the administration area of your account.
- On the left menu, click on "roles".
- Click on the "Create" button.
- A pop-up window will be shown. Enter a role name (e.g. "No rights").
- By default, a new role contains no rights. Users with this role in a group are not able to see the videos belonging to that ownership group.
Step 2 - Assign the new role with no rights to all users in "Unternehmen"/main group
- In the Administration area, click on "Groups" on the left menu.
- Click on "Unternehmen" (or the name of your main group if "Unternehmen" has been renamed).
- Select the user for whom you would like to delete all rights and add this user to the newly created "No rights" role.
- Confirm it by clicking on the tick symbol.
- Delete the other(s) role(s) the user has.