- Access to the event's cockpit
In the lobby and/or in the rooms area of your event, you can show a custom (or one of our) event maps. That gives to the final user a visual overview of all the important areas of the event and it offers a better user experience moving in the event. In some cases, you may also change the map in real-time. In case, for instance, there is a specific event (e.g. a workshop) in a room in a specific time range, but at a certain moment, the event closes and a new event opens up in another room, you can just change the link in the map. That will offer a better user experience.
1 - Enable the Event Map
- Go to the cockpit of the event.
- On the left navigation menu, select "Look & Feel"
- Scroll down, toggle the interrupter button at "Custom Event Map"
- You can select one of our pictures and layout as a base for the event map, or create your completely customizable event map.
- Both options are available for the lobby and the rooms area of your event. You can have the same map in both areas or use two different ones.
2 - Option 1 - Create the event map from the existing layouts
If you wish to use the layouts for the event maps that we provide, select one of the existing layouts.
Based on the image shown in the map, we suggest linking a category of area (lobby, room, main stage) to the map. This is only a suggestion, to each area present on the map picture, you can select any common area. You could also select the same area twice. To link a specific area, just select the corresponding area from the drop-down menu.
2 - Option 2 - Create the completely custom event map from scratch
- Click on "CUSTOM EVENT MAP BUILDER" to access our custom map event tool.
- Drag and drop an image, which will be the base of your map.
- Add a form for the link to the area. You can add squares, circles, or custom forms (triangle icons). For the links, click on the corresponding icon in the map creator tool, on the right side.
- Once you create a link form, you can move and resize it. Put it in the place it should be.
- Click on it.
- If you wish you can set a background and border color, that changes color with the mouse over, or leave it transparent (default).
- From the drop-down menu, select a destination area for the link.
- Repeat these steps, till you have set all the links you wish.
- When you are done, click on the "SAVE" button.
- All your adjustments will be updated in real-time.
If you wish to show the same map both on the lobby and in the rooms area, once you have created your custom event map in one section, go to the other one, from the drop-down menu, select same as lobby/rooms.