- Your user must be an event Host
- The event must not have started
Backdoor access to an event means that a user (normally a host) can enter the event before the official start date/time in order to prepare it for the end-users. e.g. creating categories, rooms, scheduling broadcast messages, polls, etc.
Step-by-step guide on how to give backdoor access through access link with code:
- Before the event is live, navigate to your cockpit page.
- From the cockpit page, select your event.
- If the event has not yet started, you will see a "Backdoor access" button. Click on it.
NOTE The backdoor access button is in the same position as the button "enter the event", which is shown when the event is live.
- A backdoor access window will pop up:
- If "Allow backdoor access link with code" is ticked, anyone with the corresponding link can access the event, irrespective of whether or not they are registered for the event.
NOTE You can reset the link or disable this feature at any given point.
Once the people you granted backdoor access are online, you can give them host rights. To give your co-hosts host rights, follow these steps:
- From the event space, navigate to the "attendees" section
- Right-click on the attendee you want to be your co-host
- Click on "set as host"
Step-by-step guide on how to give backdoor access through access link for authorized guests:
Another way of entering via the backdoor is through the access link for authorized guests. An authorized guest with this backdoor access link can enter the event using their email address.
This link, contrary to the previous one, has no code embedded in the URL, this is accessible only for registered users, to which you gave backdoor access.
Follow these steps to give backdoor access to a specific user:
- Go to the cockpit of the event
- On the left navigation menu, select "access control"
- In the event access section, enable "Guest List"
- Click on "+ new guest" button
- In the pop-up window, insert your co-host data, set them as "host" via the role drop-down menu, and enable "Allow backdoor access when the event is not live".
- Click on "Add Guest"
- Click on "Backdoor access" button.
- Click on the copy icon under access link for authorized guests.
- Share the link with your co-host(s)
- They will be asked to log-in with their e-mail addresses.