- The Networking area needs to be enabled for the event
As an attendee of the event, you can join the network area and start a conversion (private, or open to everyone) with any available attendee in the event. You can also create small groups of 4 people chatting at the same time. Typically, the networking area is thought to host casual chats among the attendees to get to know each other.
Step-by-step guide on how to start a conversation within the networking area
- From the left navigation menu, select "networking"
NOTE The host(s) of the event may customize the name of the networking area and/or disable it. In case you do not see a "networking" item on the left navigation menu, be sure that the networking area does not have another name (typical names may be e.g. coffee room, break room, e.g.).
- On the networking tab, you will see the list of attendees in the area. Click the ok "enter networking" button, to join the networking area.
- When you land in the networking area, you will see on the right side some suggestions of available attendees (it does not include participants that are already in a conversation or are not in available status). If you wish to get more suggestions, click on the "more suggestions" button. Click on "talk" button on the attendee record, to start a conversation.
- You can also start a conversation with any available attendee in the attendee list. Just click on their name, an attendee window will pop up, click on "START VIDEO CALL" or "SEND MESSAGE"
NOTE To be able to join with audio and camera, you need to give your browser the permissions to access these peripherals.
Step-by-step guide on how to join an existing conversation
Any attendee can join all public conversations in the networking area. Each conversation has a limit of 4 attendees at the same time.
- Join the networking area
- The list of existing conversations, their participants, and the free slots are shown under the matching suggestions. The attendees that are already engaged in a conversation will be not shown anymore among the attendee's suggestions and above the attendee's list in the networking area.
- If you want to know more about one attendee, just hover over their picture (or grey circle, if they did not set any pic). Or click on the conversation widget to get the list of all participants and their profiles.
- To join the conversation, just click on the conversation widget and click on "join conversation" button.
Step-by-step guide on how to set up a private conversation
By default, as shown in this guide, newly created conversations are publicly accessible. Any other attendee can join the networking call. If you wish to make it private, just click on the lock icon, on the conversation entry, it will appear above the attendee list on the networking area. And confirm.
The conversation will be visible to other attendees, but it will be marked as private and nobody will be able to join.